1. University of Maryland. Arnica. 2011. (Accessed January 7, 2013, at http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/arnica-000222.htm.)
2. Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Arnica. (Accessed January 7, 2013, at http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/arnica.)
3. Knuesel O, Weber M, Suter A. Arnica montana gel in osteoarthritis of the knee: an open, multicenter clinical trial. Adv Ther 2002;19:209-18.
4. Widrig R, Suter A, Saller R, Melzer J. Choosing between NSAID and arnica for topical treatment of hand osteoarthritis in a randomised, double-blind study. Rheumatol Int 2007;27:585-91
5. University of Maryland. Aloe. 2011. (Accessed January 7, 2013, at http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/aloe-000221.htm.)
6. Feily A, Namazi MR. Aloe vera in dermatology: a brief review. G Ital Dermatol Venereol 2009;144:85-91.
7. Cowan D. Oral Aloe vera as a treatment for osteoarthritis: a summary. Br J Community Nurs 2010;15:280-2.
8. University of Maryland. Burdock. 2011. (Accessed January 7, 2013, at http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/burdock-000227.htm.)
9. Chan YS, Cheng LN, Wu JH, et al. A review of the pharmacological effects of Arctium lappa (burdock). Inflammopharmacology 2011;19:245-54.
10. Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Burdock. (Accessed January 7, 2013, at http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/burdock.)
11. Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Capsaicin. (Accessed January 7, 2013, at http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/capsaicin.)
12. Watson CP, Tyler KL, Bickers DR, Millikan LE, Smith S, Coleman E. A randomized vehicle-controlled trial of topical capsaicin in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia. Clin Ther 1993;15:510-26.
13. Bernstein JE, Korman NJ, Bickers DR, Dahl MV, Millikan LE. Topical capsaicin treatment of chronic postherpetic neuralgia. J Am Acad Dermatol 1989;21:265-70.
14. Deal CL, Schnitzer TJ, Lipstein E, et al. Treatment of arthritis with topical capsaicin: a double-blind trial. Clin Ther 1991;13:383-95.
15. McCarthy GM, McCarty DJ. Effect of topical capsaicin in the therapy of painful osteoarthritis of the hands. J Rheumatol 1992;19:604-7.
16. McCarty DJ, Csuka M, McCarthy G, Trotter D. Treatment of pain due to fibromyalgia with topical capsaicin: a pilot study. Sem Arthritis Rheumatism 1994;23:41-7.